Welcome to Spiced Anecdotes!
Learning to cook can seem really hard at first, but here at Spiced Anecdotes I try to break things down for you so it doesn’t seem as bad as you think. And really, all cooking is really about is the application of a few skills, repeated again and again until you become so good at them you’re an expert.
That might make things seem a little too easy, but cooking for yourself is not as bad as you think it might be. Just follow the advice here on Spiced Anecdotes and you never know, you might just change your life for the better. I know I did – I’m the healthiest and happiest I’ve ever been, just because I make my own meals.
When you think about it, cooking your own meals is only a small thing to do, and it can make such a positive impact on your life. Don’t you want to start changing your life? You must do if you’re here checking out where to start.
So thank you for coming, stay a while and take a look around. Hopefully you’ll find something and want it share it with someone you know (use the sharing buttons at the top and bottom of each post) or maybe you’ll try it out and see that cooking really wasn’t as hard as you thought it might be.
I cover many topics here on the blog including:
- Cooking tips
- Budget cooking tips
- Menu planning tips
- Kitchen organisation tips
- Cleaning tips
- and which are the best appliances to have and how to use them.
I’ll also give you breakfast, lunch and dinner ideas you can try out because I’ve already done the searching around the internet for you and you don’t have to worry about spending all that time, just follow the links to the recipes in the posts.
There’s also a few series of posts like the Back to Basics posts, and the ones called ‘What Do I Do With….’ to give you a hand in figuring out what to cook with what you have in the fridge. I’ve started a new series called ‘5 Ingredients by 5 Meal Ideas’ to help you come up with other ideas too, so watch out for a new post in this series every month or two.
Take a look at the following topics and follow the links to help you find the information you really need so you can get started on your own cooking journey. Good luck!
Blog Posts to Get You Started
- Is a bigger knife better?
- How to perfectly grill chicken every time
- Tips for replicating a recipe for success each time you cook
- Can arranging your kitchen help you focus on cooking better meals?
Cooking Techniques and Tips
- 25 Tips for Cooking with Vegetables
- Kitchen Hygiene tips for beginners and everyday home cooks
- How Masterchef can teach you how to cook
- 10 Really Handy Tips in the Kitchen
- 8 MKR Mistakes You Don’t Have to Make
- How to master Masterchef recipes at home
- My Spice Cupboard
- 10 Ways to Use Paprika In Everyday Cooking
- Frequently Asked Questions about Fresh vs Dried Basil
- 12 ways to use Lebanese bread
- 3 Ways an Op Shop Can Help You Learn to Cook
- Budget Saving Tips
- Money saving tips for a holiday with the family
- Budget lunches you can take to work
- Can a food processor make mid-week meals faster?
- The benefits of using a pressure cooker
- How to make the most of your sandwich press or jaffle iron