It’s been a while since I shared with you some of the websites and blogs I regularly read and draw inspiration from, so today I thought it was time to do just that. As much as I don’t want to send you away from Spiced Anecdotes, it’s always good to draw inspiration from many areas, but I have included a selection of my own posts you might not have read as yet.
In this post I’ve put together a bunch of cooking websites and blogs that are either inspiring or down right easy to follow. There’s hopefully something here for everyone, no matter their current cooking ability or their food preferences.
I’ve also put together some websites and blogs that will help you find inspiration in other ways – after all, cooking is not just about following a recipe. You need to find the time to cook, become organised and try to fit cooking from scratch into your current lifestyle. Each of the blogs in this section can help you reinvent your routine or teach you some skills that coupled with following a recipe will make you a better home cook.
And at the end I’ve link to some of my own content so that you can go back over it or find something you missed. Here at Spiced Anecdotes I give you advice to help you improve those skills you already have, no matter whether you’re just starting to cook for yourself or not. So take a few minutes to read my posts too, cause you just might find some tips and techniques that change the way you cook!
Cooking blogs and websites
- Student Recipes – quick easy meals for students, budget friendly
- Jamie’s Home Cooking Skills – videos and skills on how to cook
- Cookie and Kate – vegetarian food
- Skinnytaste – weight loss recipes
- Startcooking.com – videos and instructions for new cooks
- Stonesoup – 5 ingredient recipes
- Oh My Veggies – vegetarian food
- The Kitchn – recipes, tips, advice and videos on how to cook
- Epicurious – very American based but good for recipes and how tos.
- Serious Eats – lots of great how to advice and plenty of recipes.
Other inspiring blogs and websites
- Clean My Space – advice on cleaning anything in your home
- Live Your Legend – advice to help you do what you love
- Zenhabits – advice to help you live a better life through better habits
- Michael Hyatt – advice on living your best self
- The Positivity Blog – advice on becoming more productive each day
Spiced Anecdotes Posts
If you’re after some extra inspiration check out the following posts previously published on Spiced Anecdotes:
- Back to Basics series posted in February 2016
- Holiday Helpers series posted in December 2015 (but good tips for all times of the year, especially if you’re hosting a party).
- How to keep your kitchen clean
- How to build an empire by cleaning your fridge
- Cook once, eat twice – budget cooking post
- 26 Essential tools for setting up a kitchen
- How to utilize YouTube to help you find inspiration
- Foods that shrink and swell – food knowledge post to help you cook better
- 12 recipe ideas to make for dinner tonight
- 5 Ingredients by 5 Meals: Coconut, tortillas, pasta, prawns and mixed veg
After all that, I do hope you come away with some great inspiration either on how to cook something new, or on what you can do to enhance your own cooking skills.