Having my husband do a guest post for me last week has got me reminiscing about the last few years and all the changes I have made, and all the experiences I have gathered. I am remembering all of those meals I tried and failed at and all of the ones that I succeeded in bringing to the table. I can remember all the times I made Nawaf come and taste the foods for me as I was unsure of my abilities, and whether it was supposed to taste like it did.
I have burnt so many loaves of bread, burnt my fingers and my arms a few times too. I have licked and tasted and slurped and sipped so many times and a few of those times I even burnt my tongue too. But I learnt from my mistakes and I kept going back and doing them again, using my new knowledge to help me make it right the next time.
I have baked, cooked, grilled, fried and stirred up a culinary adventure in my kitchen these past few years and I wanted to share with you some of the moments, and some of the best and tastiest meals I have made.
Most of all, I wanted to share with you that it is possible for you to learn to cook, or extend your cooking if you’re just starting out, or add some variety in if you’ve been cooking for years and just feel like a change. I want to share with you new ideas and reiterate that I am not a professional chef. I am just a woman who wanted to improve her health and took control of what she fed herself and her husband, and those who I was lucky enough to cook for at dinner parties.
Please, take a look, and let it inspire you to try something new this week.
1. Upside down apple cake.
2. Cheesecake chocolate muffins.
3. Loaves of white bread.
4. Loaves of wholemeal bread.
5. Loves of oat bread.
6. Homemade bead rolls.
|Homemade Bread Rolls Made as Burgers|
7. Homemade tacos.
8. Homemade naan bread.
9. Za’ater flatbreads.
10. Za’ater focaccia.
11. Herbed breadsticks.
12. Upside down pineapple cake.
13. Banana bread.
14. Corn and cheese muffins.
15. Handmade pizza dough.
16. Apple beignets (Dutch apple fritters).
17. Scones galore.
19. Carrot and muesli loaf.
20. Sun-dried tomato, olive and tomato bread.
|Sun-dried Tomato, Olive and Cheese Bread|
21. Chocolate cake decorated with strawberries.
22. Gingerbread men.
23. Green marble cake (I didn’t have red food dye that night).
24. English Breakfast Date Cake.
25. Brown sugar twisted delight pastries.
|Salmon En Croute|
|Feta and Sun-Dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breats|
|Roz and Adis (Rice and Lentils)|
79. Broccoli and cauliflower gratin.
80. Tuna and rice patties.
81. Sweet potato and potato mashed with feta and herbs (Jamie Oliver recipe).
82. Corn fritters.
83. Portuguese potatoes.
84. Spiced cauliflower.
85. Grilled vegetables with polenta wedges.
86. Cheesy polenta mash.
87. Beer battered fish nuggets.
88. Hash browns.
89. Mini pizzas made from English Muffins (budget night).
90. Pancakes with fried apples, dates and sultanas in maple syrup.
91. French toast with strawberries and maple syrup (I made my own bread too).
|Homemade Bread as French Toast|
92. Breakfast cereal, fruit and yoghurt parfait.
93. Warm peach and brown sugar porridge.
94. Portuguese potato omelette.
95. Mini frittatas.
96. Arabic scrambled eggs (add a pinch of cinnamon and paprika to make it Arabic).
97. Haloumi, fried egg and avocado turkish roll (with lettuce and tomato).
98. Egg and cheese homemade English muffins.
99. Bagels with cream cheese, scrambled eggs and smoked salmon.
100. Breakfast buffet including croissant, smoked salmon, salad, fruit, eggs, and jam and cream cheese.